Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 15 January 2017
Tonight and Monday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 30 to 40 knots increasing to southwest 40 to 50 near midnight then diminishing to west 15 to 25 Monday afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 20 Monday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 15 January 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 15 January 2017 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday weakening frontal system located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough from low located over western Bowie.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Monday weakening trough from low located near
the Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:11 PM PST 15 January 2017 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii tonight will weaken over Vancouver
Island on Monday afternoon. Gale to storm force southeasterlies to 55
knots will ease slightly as the front passes over the northern and
central waters tonight through Monday morning.
A trailing trough from the low over Western Bowie will weaken as it
approaches the Gulf of Alaska. Gale to storm force southerlies ahead
of the trough will ease on Monday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: