Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 29 January 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots backing to southeast 5 to 15 this morning then to northeasterly 10 to 20 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to easterly 20 to 30 Friday morning.
Periods of rain beginning this afternoon.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 29 January 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday trough located over the North Coast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PST 29 January 2015 Strong to gale force southeasterlies over Hecate Strait and Dixon
east will gradually ease this morning as a cold front weakens over
An approaching trough of low pressure will track across northern
waters tonight. Strong to gale force southerlies over central and
northern waters will develop this afternoon to the south of the
trough and shift to strong northeasterlies to its north.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: