Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 16 January 2017
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwesterly 5 to 15 knots veering to northeast 10 to 20 late overnight then backing to north 15 to 25 Tuesday morning.
Chance of showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 January 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 984 mb located 360 miles southwest
of Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening low 976 mb located 90 miles
west of Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 January 2017 An area of low pressure will cross the northern part of Explorer
early Tuesday morning and will track northward off the west coast of
Haida Gwaii during the day on Tuesday to lie about 90 miles west of
Langara Island by late Tuesday evening.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds currently over the southern
and central waters will spread northward into Hecate Strait
Overnight and Tuesday morning as the low moves northward.
Meanwhile, winds are expected to remain generally below gale force
north and west of the low's track over the central and northern
offshore waters and off the west coast of Haida Gwaii.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: