Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 13 February 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southeast 15 to 25 near midnight then increasing to southeasterly 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind increasing to west 40 to 50 Sunday morning then diminishing to west 30 to 40 Sunday afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 20 to 30 Sunday evening.
Rain beginning late overnight and ending near noon Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 13 February 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 13 February 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday low located off Bowie.
By noon PST Sunday departing low 991 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:05 PM PST 13 February 2016 A low pressure system will track across Northern Bowie Sunday morning
and into the Alaskan Panhandle by the evening. Ahead of the low, gale
force southerlies will develop over central and northern waters early
Sunday morning and shift to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: