Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 March 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind west 5 to 15 knots becoming light Thursday morning then increasing to northeast 15 to 25 Thursday evening.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 March 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over southern Haida Gwaii.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Thursday departing trough located over Hecate
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Thursday cold front located off Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Thursday cold front located on a line north-south
over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:31 PM PDT 22 March 2017 A trough of low pressure over Southern Haida Gwaii will cross
Hecate Strait tonight. The trough will bring southwesterly gales
Over Queen Charlotte Sound. The winds will ease below gales by early
Thursday morning as the trough departs inland.
The next cold front will track across Explorer Thursday morning and
lie north-south over Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound by the evening.
Ahead of the front, gale force southeasterlies will develop over
Explorer Thursday morning and spread to central waters near noon.
Winds will increase to storm force southeasterlies in the afternoon
over West Vancouver Island North as the front approaches.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: