Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 16 January 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 40 to 50 knots diminishing to west 20 to 30 this afternoon and to northeast 10 to 20 this evening. Wind backing to north 15 to 25 Tuesday morning.
Periods of rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 January 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 January 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Vancouver
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over the Central
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low located near the Gulf of
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low 986 mb located west of the
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 982 mb located over western Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PST 16 January 2017 A frontal system west of Vancouver Island this morning will move
eastward and reach the Central Coast this afternoon bringing gale to
storm force southeasterly winds over the west coast of Vancouver
Island and over the central and northern waters today. Storm to
hurricane force southeasterly winds are expected near the headlands
of West Coast Vancouver Island North today.
The winds will ease slightly this evening and then increase to gale
to storm force southeasterly overnight and Tuesday as a low pressure
centre approaches Queen Charlotte Sound.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: