Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 29 April 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 this evening and to west 15 to 20 early Sunday morning.
Rain changing to chance of showers tonight and Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday By 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 997 mb located over Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today low 997 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 29 April 2017 A low over Bowie will move across Haida Gwaii this evening then reach
the North Coast overnight. Gale to storm force southeasterlies over
the north and central waters will shift to strong to gale force
westerly in the wake of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: