Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 31 January 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 35 knots becoming east 30 to 40 near midnight then diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 Sunday afternoon.
Periods of rain beginning early this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 06:09 AM PST 31 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located off the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today building ridge located over northern BC
At noon PST Sunday low 1004 mb located over southern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PST 31 January 2015 An approaching Pacific frontal system will move across the offshore
waters today ending up along the coast by early Sunday morning.
Ahead of the system, strong to gale force southeasterlies
Will develop over the offshore waters this morning and then elsewhere
over central and northern waters by this evening. In addition,
northeasterly outflow winds will increase to gale force this morning
near Portland Inlet.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: