Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 January 2017
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 15 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 early Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 25 to 35 Monday evening.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2017 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary high located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low 974 mb located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday departing low 998 mb located off Oregon
At 4:00 p.m. PST Monday approaching ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 PM PST 22 January 2017 An area of intense low pressure located off Explorer is spreading
gale force winds off the west coast of Vancouver Island and Explorer
this evening. This low will fill as it moves southward towards the
California coast on Monday. Meanwhile an Arctic ridge of high
pressure will remain stationary over the Northern BC.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: