Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 26 April 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 this evening except southwest 30 to 35 over northwestern sections. Wind becoming west 15 to 25 near noon Thursday then diminishing to west 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Chance of showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 April 2017 Tonight and Thursday By 5:00 p.m. PDT today departing low 997 mb located off the Alaska
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday building ridge located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM PDT 26 April 2017 A low pressure system near the Alaska Panhandle will continue to
weaken tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies over parts of the
northern offshore waters will ease this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: