Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 April 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 Monday morning then becoming east 15 to 25 Monday evening.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 April 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary low 980 mb located over
the northern Gulf of Alaska.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located over Hecate Strait.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located near Cape Scott.
At 10:00 p.m. PDT Monday deepening low located over the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PDT 26 April 2015 A 980 MB low in the Northern Gulf of Alaska will weaken slowly today
and Monday. A cold front over Hecate Strait late this morning will
reach the North Coast mainland this afternoon and Cape Scott
In the early evening.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies shift to strong
Southwesterlies behind the front.
A second low will develop offshore on Monday. Gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the low may reach storm force Monday
Night as the low approaches North Coast waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: