Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 22 January 2017
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 15 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 near noon Monday. Wind increasing to south 20 to 30 Monday evening.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 22 January 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 11:00 a.m. PST today ridge located over northern BC interior.
At 11:00 a.m. PST today intensifying low 968 mb located 300 miles
west of Astoria.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday departing low 998 mb located off Oregon
At 4:00 p.m. PST Monday approaching ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:08 AM PST 22 January 2017 A deep and intense area of low pressure is approaching Explorer from
the south this morning. The low will then stall just off the
southwestern corner of Explorer this afternoon and will fill as it
moves southward towards the California coast on Monday. Meanwhile, an
Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain stationary over the
Northern British Columbia interior today and will weaken on Monday.
Gale to storm force east and southeast winds is expected off the west
coast of Vancouver Island this morning ahead of the incoming low and
will ease to moderate to strong easterly by Monday morning as the low
weakens and pulls away to the south. Strong to gale force northeast
outflow winds will continue today through the mainland inlets and
will ease Monday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: