Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 01 October 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 knots diminishing to light late this afternoon then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Sunday morning then becoming southeast 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 01 October 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 1 October 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located over the South Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over southern Explorer.
By 6:00 a.m. PDT Sunday weakening low located off Washington State.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday low located west of Bowie.
By 6:00 a.m. PDT Monday low located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 1 October 2016 A low well offshore today will approach northern offshore waters
On Sunday. The low will move slowly across Bowie on Monday.
Winds will rise to southeast gales to 35 knots by Sunday evening
Over Bowie. Stronger gales are likely over all waters west of Haida
Gwaii later Sunday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: