Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 16 January 2017
Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming west 20 to 30 early this evening then diminishing to northeast 10 to 20 late this evening. Wind backing to north 15 to 25 Tuesday morning.
Chance of showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 16 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 16 January 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over Queen
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 967 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening low 979 mb located over the
Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:33 PM PST 16 January 2017 A Pacific frontal system west of the offshore waters this afternoon
will move eastward and reach Queen Charlotte Sound overnight bringing
gale to storm force southeasterly winds over most waters tonight and
Tuesday. Storm to hurricane force southeasterly winds are expected
early this evening near the headlands of West Coast Vancouver Island
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: