Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 March 2017
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to northeast 25 to 35 this evening then backing to northwest 25 to 35 Friday morning.
Rain beginning this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 March 2017 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located over eastern Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located from Queen Charlotte
Sound to Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday low located over northern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday low located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:38 PM PDT 23 March 2017 A cold front will track across Queen Charlotte Sound tonight and
weaken over Hecate Strait overnight. Ahead of the front, gale force
southeasterlies over central waters will spread to northern and
southern waters this evening. Storm force southeasterlies over waters
just west of Vancouver Island will ease to marginal gale force
The low pressure centre associated with the cold front will drift
from the offshore waters to Haida Gwaii Friday. Ahead of the
Low, gale force southeasterly winds will shift to gale force
northwesterly in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: