Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 13 February 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming west 20 to 30 early this evening then backing to south 15 to 25 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight and to west 40 to 50 Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to west 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Rain ending early this evening. Rain overnight and Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 13 February 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over the Mainland
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1000 mb located over southern Hecate
At midnight PST tonight ridge located over the Mainland Coast.
At noon PST Sunday low 992 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:12 AM PST 13 February 2016 A frontal system over Bowie will move onto the mainland coast this
evening. Gale to storm force southeasterly winds ahead of the front
will persist today then diminish early this evening after the front
passes. Westerly gales over central waters in the wake of the front
will ease tonight.
A low pressure system moving into Northern Bowie Sunday morning will
bring another bout of gales over northern and central waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: