Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 16 January 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 40 to 50 knots diminishing to west 20 to 30 this afternoon and to northeast 10 to 15 this evening. Wind increasing to north 15 to 25 Tuesday morning.
Periods of rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 07:38 AM PST 16 January 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 16 January 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over the Central
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening frontal system located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low located near the Gulf of
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low 987 mb located west of the
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 983 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 16 January 2017 A frontal system over Central Coast will slide southwards over
Vancouver Island this afternoon. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
to 55 knots will ease slightly this morning.
The associated low pressure centre over Gulf of Alaska will weaken
today. Gale to storm force southwesterlies over offshore waters will
Another low pressure system will approach the offshore waters today.
Gale and storm force southeasterlies will re-strengthen over the
central and northern waters tonight. Gale force winds will spread
into the South Coast overnight into Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: