Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots becoming northeast 15 this evening then increasing to easterly 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Chance of showers today and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located over
At 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday trough located south of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday trough located on a line east-west over
northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PST 20 January 2017 A frontal system over Explorer will weaken today. Easterly marginal
gales across Explorer and the southwest of Vancouver Island will
Ease to strong easterlies by this afternoon. Also, outflow gales
through Howe Sound will ease by this afternoon.
Arctic air over the Northern BC Interior will drive gale force
northerly outflow tonight into Saturday morning for Dixon
A trough of low pressure will approach Vancouver Island from the
south on Saturday morning and then move onto the Central Coast
Saturday evening. Gale force southeasterlies are expected for much
Of the South Coast waters during the day then spreading to central
waters late in the day.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: