Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 April 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 35 knots becoming west 30 to 40 near midnight.
Periods of rain ending Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 7:40 PM PDT 25 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 April 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating ridge located over the Lower
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Vancouver
By midnight PDT tonight dissipating frontal system located over
the Mainland Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 990 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 989 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM PDT 25 April 2017 A Pacific front will move eastward across the coastal waters
Tonight. A trailing 990 MB low over Southern Bowie will move slowly
northeastward to lie over the west coast of Haida Gwaii overnight
tonight and then northeast of Bowie Wednesday afternoon.
Southeast gales will continue ahead of the front tonight except
Reach locally storm force over Queen Charlotte Sound and West Coast
Vancouver Island North. Winds will remain below gale strength over
the inner South Coast. In the wake of the front, winds will ease to
strong westerly in the south and shift to gale force southwesterly
In the north.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: