Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 02 December 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind west 45 to 55 knots diminishing to west 35 to 45 late this afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 02 December 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 2 December 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing cold front located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary low located off the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PST 2 December 2016 A deep low pressure centre will move into the Gulf of Alaska today
and slowly weaken through Saturday. The corresponding cold front
located over the Queen Charlotte Sound this morning will move
southward across the southern waters today.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds ahead of the front will
Shift to gale to storm force westerlies this morning over northern
and central waters. Over Northern Bowie hurricane force westerlies
are expected this morning. Gale force westerlies will continue for
northern and central waters through Saturday. Over southern waters,
winds will rise to gale force southeasterly ahead of the front this
afternoon, before shifting to westerly and weakening in its wake this
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: