Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 29 March 2015
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots backing to southeast 25 early this evening then becoming westerly 20 to 25 Monday morning. Wind increasing to westerly 25 to 35 Monday afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 March 2015 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday low located over Cape St. James.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday low located over the Alaska panhandle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 PM PDT 29 March 2015 An approaching low will track northward across the offshore waters
tonight and reach Haida Gwaii on Monday morning before reaching the
Alaska Panhandle in the afternoon.
Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterlies will develop over
Explorer and the central waters this evening and spread to northern
waters overnight. Gale to storm force southeast winds are expected
near the headlands of West Coast Vancouver Island North early Monday
In the wake of the low, winds will shift to strong to gale force
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: