Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 27 August 2015
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots veering to northwest 20 to 30 near midnight except southwest 25 to 35 over eastern sections. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 Friday morning then diminishing to west 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 27 August 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 27 August 2015 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over the Gulf
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 PM PDT 27 August 2015 A frontal system over the Gulf of Alaska will move southeastward
tonight and reach Haida Gwaii on Friday morning.
Winds will rise to strong to gale force southerly over northern and
central waters and near the headlands of West Coast Vancouver Island
North on Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: