Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 26 March 2017
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 this evening then becoming northeast 15 to 25 Monday evening.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 26 March 2017 Tonight and Monday By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located over Haida
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Monday frontal system located on a line north-south
over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 PM PDT 26 March 2017 A cold front over Haida Gwaii will gradually weaken tonight. Gale to
marginal storm force southeasterlies over central and northern waters
will diminish to moderate to strong southerly this evening.
The next approaching frontal system will track across the offshore
waters Tuesday evening, ahead of the system, gale force southerlies
will develop over the offshore waters Tuesday afternoon and spread to
central and northern waters by the evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: