Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 13 October 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 early this evening and to light near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 15 early Wednesday morning and to southeast 15 to 25 near noon Wednesday. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Wednesday afternoon.
Chance of showers today. Rain beginning Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 13 October 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 13 October 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 13 October 2015 A trough of low pressure over Northern Haida Gwaii will dissipate
this afternoon. Marginal gale force southerly winds over Dixon
Entrance East will ease early this afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: