Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 27 January 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 late Wednesday afternoon then becoming southwest 20 Wednesday evening.
Rain ending early Wednesday evening.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 27 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 27 January 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Wednesday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located west of Haida
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 27 January 2015 Strong to gale force southeasterly winds have developed over Bowie
this evening in advance of a frontal system approaching from the
west. The system will slowly Progress towards the northern waters
tonight and eventually spread southerly gales to the region
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: