Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 26 January 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 10 to 20 knots backing to north 15 to 25 this morning then to northwest 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday afternoon.
Chance of showers today and this evening. Rain beginning Tuesday evening.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 26 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 26 January 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today warm front located over Cape St. James
By 1:00 p.m. PST today warm front located over Hecate Strait
At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located west of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 1002 mb located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 26 January 2015 A low pressure centre is approaching the offshore waters and will
move over Northern Explorer near noon. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the low will develop late morning
And then shift to strong northwesterlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: