Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 September 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 knots increasing to northeast 30 to 40 early this morning then diminishing to northeast 25 late this evening. Wind diminishing to north 15 near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 05:28 AM PDT 30 September 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 September 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located near the Gulf of Alaska.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight low 1012 mb located over Queen Charlotte
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday low 1010 mb located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PDT 30 September 2016 West of the offshore waters, a ridge of high pressure will intensify
and bring northeast gales to Bowie this morning. Gale force
northeasterly winds over Bowie will gradually ease this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: