Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 11 February 2016
Today Tonight and Friday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 this morning and to south 45 to 55 near midnight. Wind diminishing to south 25 to 35 Friday morning and to southwest 15 to 25 Friday afternoon.
Chance of showers early this morning. Rain today and this evening. A few showers beginning Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 11 February 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 11 February 2016 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 990 mb located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low 978 mb located west of Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie extending
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday frontal system located over the Mainland
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PST 11 February 2016 Widespread southeasterly gales will develop across the outer waters
this morning as a deepening low and associated frontal system
approach from the southwest. Gale to storm force southeast winds
Will spread to the North and Central Coasts and west coast of
Vancouver Island by this afternoon. Winds will ease and shift to
southwesterly by Friday morning as the frontal system moves inland.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: