Issued 04:00 PM PDT 01 July 2015
Tonight and Thursday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots except southeast 35 to 40 over western sections. Wind becoming southwest 20 to 30 late this evening then diminishing to west 10 to 15 Thursday afternoon.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 4:00 PM PDT 01 July 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 1 July 2015 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located over
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM PDT 1 July 2015 A ridge of high pressure will hold over Hecate Strait tonight and
will rebuild offshore later Thursday. A cold front over
Northern offshore waters will weaken tonight.
Widespread strong northwest winds will continue over most southern
and central waters tonight and Thursday. Winds will reach gale force
west of Vancouver Island and through Johnstone Strait.
Gale force southerlies ahead of the front will ease tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: