Issued 07:00 AM MDT 22 July 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots late this morning and to south 25 late this afternoon. Wind veering to west 25 this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 Sunday evening.
Chance of drizzle early this morning. A few showers beginning early this evening changing to chance of showers or flurries overnight and Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 July 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
2 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 7
tenths of first-year ice including 1 tenth of old ice north of Cape
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 22 July 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday ridge located from 79N 135W to 69N 131W.
By 2100 UTC Saturday departing ridge located on a line north-south
over Banks Island.
At 1200 UTC Saturday cold front from 988 mb low located from 76N
164W to 70N 152W.
By 1200 UTC Sunday dissipating cold front from 990 mb low located
from 76N 130W to 68N 114W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: