Issued 07:00 AM MDT 03 September 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind north 20 knots diminishing to north 15 early this evening and to light early Friday morning. Wind increasing to east 15 Friday afternoon and to east 20 Friday evening.
Chance of rain with risk of freezing rain changing to chance of drizzle tonight and Friday. Risk of freezing drizzle this evening. Fog patches.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 3 September 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7045N 14100W to 7020N 13705W to 7135N
12720W to Banks Island near 7155N 12545W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7105N 12250W to
7055N 12155W to Victoria Island near 7140N 11900W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10255W to
6825N 10155W to King William Island near 6850N 9910W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from King William Island near 6955N 9800W
to Prince of Wales Island near 7115N 9835W. Sea ice west of the ice
Fifth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7330N
9710W to 7355N 9610W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
Sixth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7225N 9325W to
Brodeur Peninsula near 7225N 8955W. Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Open water except 4 tenths of old ice in the northwestern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 3 September 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday departing trough located from 83N 120W to
At 1200 UTC Thursday ridge from 1027 mb high located from 73N 140W
to 74N 163W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday ridge located from 76N 125W to 73N 154W.
At 0000 UTC Saturday cold front located from 83N 139W to 77N 154W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: