Issued 07:00 PM MDT 01 August 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Wind light increasing to west 15 to 20 knots this evening then veering to northwest 20 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to light Sunday afternoon.
Chance of showers tonight. Risk of thunderstorms this evening. Chance of showers beginning early Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 August 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 2 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northeastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 1 August 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday trough from 996 mb low located from 77N 142W
to 76N 131W then to 68N 124W.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 994 mb located at 77N 136W.
At 1200 UTC Sunday high 1016 mb located at 68N 113W.
By 0000 UTC Monday weakening high located at 67N 126W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: