South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 21 August 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 late overnight and to variable 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 21 August 2017
Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 3 metres subsiding to 2 Tuesday evening.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 21 August 2017
Wednesday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind east 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 20.
Friday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4639N 5309W to 4645N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5042N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5806W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 21 August 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 991 mb located over the East Labrador
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing low 993 mb located east of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over the Torngat Mountains.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM NDT 21 August 2017 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will move to lie
east of the marine district overnight tonight. Strong to gale force
north to northwesterlies will persist tonight in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: