South Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 30 April 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind north 20 knots backing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening.
A few flurries beginning Sunday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4840N 5300W to 4920N 5140W to
5140N 4950W to 5520N 5215W to 5605N 5520W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice
including a trace of old ice in the extreme northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4345N 4945W to 4345N 4745W to 4515N 4200W to 4630N
4045W to 4845N 4200W to 5000N 4300W to 5300N 4730W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 30 April 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 989 mb located over southeastern Belle
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 996 mb located southeast of Greenland.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 AM NDT 30 April 2016 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: