South Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 02 April 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to east 20 early this morning and to northeast 30 this evening. Wind backing to northwest 25 overnight then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to light Friday evening.
Flurries ending Friday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4855N 4450W to 4935N 4650W to 5550N 5235W to 5630N 5555W to
5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4815W to 4430N 4715W to 4700N 4130W to 4930N
4200W to 6000N 5639W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 2 April 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 984 mb located northeast of the Avalon
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 986 mb located southeast of Labrador
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today weakening trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating trough located over the South
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NDT 2 April 2015 An area of low pressure east of Newfoundland will track northeastward
today to lie southeast of the Labrador Sea by tonight. Strong to gale
force northeasterly winds will develop this afternoon over eastern
waters north of this feature. Winds will shift to strong
northwesterlies Friday morning as the low moves away from the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast and Northwest
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: