South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 18 August 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming south 15 Saturday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating Saturday morning.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 18 August 2017
Tonight and Saturday. Seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 near noon Saturday.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 18 August 2017
Sunday Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to south 25 in the afternoon.
Monday Wind south 25 knots increasing to north 25 to 35.
Tuesday Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 July 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5259W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5650W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5638W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 18 August 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday departing ridge located southeast of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 998 mb located over southeastern Funk
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday departing low 999 mb located east of
Funk Island Bank.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located east of Baffin Island.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located north of the East
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: