Issued 05:30 AM EDT 07 October 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to south 20 to 25 early this afternoon then diminishing to south 15 late this evening. Wind backing to east 15 Thursday morning.
A few flurries changing to chance of flurries Thursday. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray today.
Temperatures near minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 October 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7155N 12545W to
7120N 12720W to 7040N 13125W to 7130N 14100W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge from Yukon Coast near 6935N 14005W to 6940N 13945W
to 6855N 13650W to 6945N 13610W to Tuktoyaktuk Peninsula near 6940N
13425W. Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7325N 11525W to
Victoria Island near 7315N 11515W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6940N 10140W to
6920N 10140W to 6915N 10055W to 7020N 9650W to Prince of Wales
Island near 7115N 9840W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7300N
9720W to 7310N 9755W to Somerset Island near 7340N 9540W. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Boothia Peninsula near 7050N 9245W to
Baffin Island near 7035N 8850W. Sea ice south and east of the ice
Open water except 1 tenth of second-year ice including a trace of
multi-year ice in the northwestern section.
Warnings (In effect)
PeelIssued 06:09 AM EDT 07 October 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 6 October 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday quasi-stationary low 993 mb located at
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: