Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM NST 25 November 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Thursday morning then increasing to south 20 Thursday afternoon. Wind becoming variable 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 5 rising to minus 4 to zero Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 November 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 6120N 6325W to 6130N 6040W to 6415N 5730W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 November 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5230N 5545W to 5230N 5430W to 5500N 5430W to 6000N 6000W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs west of the
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern halfIssued 04:00 AM NST 25 November 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 25 November 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday approaching low 1007 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM NST 25 November 2015 Strong to gale force northwesterlies over most waters will diminish
early Thursday as a ridge of high pressure approaches from the west.
Behind this ridge, a low pressure system is expected to track
northeastward through Northern Quebec on Thursday to lie over
Northern Labrador by Thursday evening. Strong to gale force south to
southwesterlies are forecast to develop over southern waters Thursday
afternoon and evening as the low approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Lake Melville, the Labrador coast and the Northwest
Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: