Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 22 August 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots today tonight and Wednesday.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 22 August 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday. Seas 3 to 5 metres subsiding to 2 to 3 near noon and to 1 to 2 near midnight.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 22 August 2017
Thursday Wind east 15 to 20 knots.
Friday Wind north 15 to 20 knots.
Saturday Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6245N 6500W to
6335N 6050W to 6700N 5720W to 6840N 5845W to 7115N 6615W to Baffin
Island near 7120N 7115W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7245N 7735W to
Bylot Island near 7255N 7740W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7340N 7810W to Devon
Island near 7435N 8335W. Sea ice southwest of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7500N 7930W to
7615N 7430W and then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4639N 5309W to 4645N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5042N 5714W to Quebec near 5120N 5806W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 22 August 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today weakening low 995 mb located east of the
East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 1006 mb located south
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the Torngat Mountains.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located over central Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching low 986 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NDT 22 August 2017 A weakening low pressure system just east of the Labrador Sea today
will move slowly away to the east tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies will persist over the East Labrador Sea today behind
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: