Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 06 July 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots this evening and to southeast 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 35 near noon Tuesday.
Showers beginning Tuesday morning. Fog patches.
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 5 July 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 5905N 5825W to 6235N 6120W to
6425N 5750W then northeastward. Sea ice west and north of the ice
1 tenth of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 5 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5404W to 4600N 5400W to 4145N 5000W to 4145N 4845W to 4645N
4330W to 4900N 4345W to 5530N 4730W to 6000N 5700W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5031N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4954N 5748W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NDT 06 July 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 6 July 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 999 mb located over Hudson Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 987 mb located over northern Quebec.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM NDT 6 July 2015 A deepening low pressure system will slowly move from Hudson Bay into
Northern Quebec today and Tuesday. Ahead of this system, gale force
southeasterlies will develop over northern waters tonight and Monday.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: