Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 22 April 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Wind south 25 knots diminishing to east 15 early Sunday morning then becoming west 15 Sunday afternoon.
Snow or rain beginning early Sunday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5700W to 5930N 5630W to 6200N 5400W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 6 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4430N 5645W to 4100N 5130W to 4100N 4645W to 4800N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Apr estimated from Newfoundland
near 4736N 5909W to Anticosti Island near 5022N 6323W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 22 April 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday dissipating ridge located over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday intensifying low 1006 mb located over
Belle Isle Bank.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Sunday low 996 mb located over the Northwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM NDT 22 April 2017 A low pressure system will approach the Labrador Sea from the south
on Sunday. Winds increase to gale force southeasterlies over eastern
waters as it nears.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: