Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 21 August 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 15 knots increasing to north 35 this afternoon then diminishing to north 25 late overnight. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday.
Fog banks dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 August 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6245N 6500W to
6335N 6050W to 6700N 5720W to 6840N 5845W to 7115N 6615W to Baffin
Island near 7120N 7115W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7245N 7735W to
Bylot Island near 7255N 7740W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7340N 7810W to Devon
Island near 7435N 8335W. Sea ice southwest of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7500N 7930W to
7615N 7430W and then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5311W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5125N 5757W to Newfoundland near 5049N 5654W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern halfIssued 09:30 AM NDT 21 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 21 August 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 993 mb located over central Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 993 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing trough from low located north of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight approaching ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:34 AM NDT 21 August 2017 A low pressure system over the Central Labrador Sea will continue
eastward across the marine district today. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale force
northeast to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: