Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 25 March 2017
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 35 Sunday morning and to northwest 35 to 45 Sunday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray Sunday.
Temperatures minus 16 to minus 8 rising to minus 8 to zero Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 March 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5700W to 6005N 5755W to 6045N 5715W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
2 tenths of first-year ice except 9 tenths of first-year ice
including 1 tenth of old ice in the extreme northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5304W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4600W to 4715N 4145W to 5000N
4145W to 5145N 4615W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4907N 5824W to Quebec near 5015N 6018W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 25 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 25 March 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 994 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 998 mb located over the South Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday approaching low 998 mb located east of
the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM NDT 25 March 2017 A low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will begin to
move slowly southwards tonight. Behind this low, gale to storm force
northwesterlies will spread southwards tonight through Sunday.
A second low will approach from the east on Sunday. Strong to gale
force winds are expected over eastern waters with this system.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
North Labrador Coast. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining
waters except Lake Melville and South Labrador Sea - eastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: