Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 October 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots except southwest 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming south 15 this afternoon then increasing to south 25 this evening. Wind veering to west 25 Saturday evening.
Flurries changing to showers and flurries Saturday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 1 rising to plus 2 Saturday morning.
Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 October 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6320N 6740W to the
Meta Incognita Peninsula near 6305N 6740W. Sea ice west of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6640N 6120W to
6655N 6140W to 6900N 6705W to 6945N 6355W to 7200N 6805W to 7310N
6600W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from 6505N 6415W to 6500N 6435W to 6555N
6625W to 6545N 6700W to 6500N 6605W to 6445N 6455W to 6420N 6425W to
6400N 6450W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 October 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5545W to 5230N 5230W to 5400N 5300W to 5800N 5700W to
6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 October 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today high located south of Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing high located southeast of
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge from high located over the South
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge from high located over
the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 999 mb located west of Ungava Bay.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Saturday low 997 mb located over Baffin Island.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: