Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 03 September 2015
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots except northwest 25 over northwestern sections. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 Friday morning and to variable 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Showers beginning Friday evening.
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 September 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Meta Incognita Peninsula near 6240N
6645W to Hall Peninsula near 6300N 6615W sea ice northwest of the
Second ice edge estimated from Hall Peninsula near 6400N 6440W to
6350N 6200W to 6400N 6100W to Cumberland Peninsula near 6535N 6300W.
Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cumberland Peninsula near 6620N 6125W
to 6700N 5930W to 6840N 5920W to 7000N 6455W to 7140N 6600W to
Baffin Island near 7135N 7200W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from 7355N 9610W to 7355N 9610W to 7430N
9300W to 7500N 9300W to Devon Island near 7615N 9430W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Devon Island 7455N 7920W to 7640N
7500W then northeastward. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 September 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5555W to 5115N 5000W to 5230N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5725W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs west of the
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 03 September 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 3 September 2015 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 995 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday low 1002 mb located east of the East
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM NDT 3 September 2015 A low pressure system just pushing into the East Labrador Sea will
track northeastward to lie east of the East Labrador Sea by Friday.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies are forecast west of the
system's track tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea -
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - eastern half
- East Labrador Sea - western half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: