Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 18 August 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 Saturday morning.
Showers beginning this afternoon. Fog patches.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 18 August 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday. Seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 late overnight.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 18 August 2017
Sunday Wind northeast 15 knots increasing to northeast 25 in the afternoon.
Monday Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots backing to northwest 25 to 35.
Tuesday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Issued 11:00 AM EDT 17 August 2017 Today Tonight and Friday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 August 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 6135N 6335W to 6235N 6040W to 6510N
5745W then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 7240N 6445W to 7245N 7020W to 7355N
7540W to Devon Island near 7435N 8025W. Sea ice south and west of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7435N 8015W to 7440N
7805W to 7610N 7425W then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 August 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5259W to 4700N 5100W to 5100N 4845W to 5200N 4845W to 5300N
4930W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5720W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 18 August 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 995 mb located over southwestern Funk
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 999 mb located east of Funk Island
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located north of Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: