Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 30 May 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northwest 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 near noon then increasing to north 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon except north 25 over southern sections Tuesday late in the day.
Flurries and showers. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 May 2016 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5830W to 5940N 5835W to 6040N 5945W to
6055N 5840W to 6255N 5745W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the
Bergy water except 4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4656N 5402W to 4300N 4945W to 4300N 4815W to 4400N 4430W to 4545N
3700W to 4730N 3700W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6025W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5822W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 30 May 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 1001 mb located over James Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 996 mb located over western Labrador.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today weakening ridge located over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating ridge located over Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: