Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 30 September 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 30 knots except west 20 over southern sections this evening. Wind becoming northwest 30 late overnight then diminishing to northwest 20 Saturday evening.
Showers beginning this evening.
Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 September 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7305N 8035W to
Bylot Island near 7310N 8010W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7250N 7605W to
7250N 7335W to 7315N 7140W to 7420N 7610W to 7420N 7940W to
Greenland near 7700N 7120W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 September 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
4927N 5401W to 5000N 5300W to 5500N 5200W to 5800N 5700W to 6100N
5700W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Oct estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6009W to Newfoundland near 4926N 5810W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 30 September 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located southeast of the Marine
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located near Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday deepening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary high 1036 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM NDT 30 September 2016 A trough of low pressure developing well to the northwest of the
marine district will approach Northern Labrador tonight then deepen
as it crosses the Labrador Sea on Saturday. Strong southwesterlies
developing ahead of the trough shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake. Winds diminish to moderate to strong
westerlies further behind the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
South Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Barrow - eastern half
- Barrow - western half
- Central Brevoort
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: