Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 01 May 2016
Tonight and Monday
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Monday morning except west 20 over northern sections.
A few flurries ending near midnight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 4 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 May 2016 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 6130N 6100W to 6345N 5755W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths of first-year ice including 1 tenth of
old ice in the extreme western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 1 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4315N 4945W to 4315N 4830W to 4600N 3945W to 4700N
3945W to 5130N 4430W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 May estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 1 May 2016 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located south
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Monday ridge located over southern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM NDT 1 May 2016 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- South Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Are you and your family ready to face an emergency?
Know the risks, make a plan and get a kit!
Plan. Prepare. BE AWARE - Emergency Preparedness Week
Get timely local #weather alerts directly to your Twitter feed.
Alberta Emergency Alert: Stop. Listen. Respond Follow us on Twitter: @AB_EmergAlert
Download the Alberta Emergency Alert mobile application at www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca or text ALBERTA to 965965
- Date modified: