North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 May 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this evening then increasing to west 25 late overnight.
Snow or rain changing to a few flurries this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5630N 5735W to 5720N 5655W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4100N 5130W to 4100N 5000W to 4600N 3745W to 4715N
3745W to 5515N 4800W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today departing ridge located east of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today intensifying low 999 mb located over the
Mid Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 980 mb located over the
East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM NDT 28 May 2015 An intensifying low pressure system over the Mid Labrador Coast will
move to lie over the East Labrador Sea this afternoon then lie east
of the marine district later this evening. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies will develop in the wake of the low today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek, South Labrador Sea, Northwest
Labrador Sea - southern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: