North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 25 March 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 knots and locally gusts to 55 along the coast this afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 35 to 45 this evening.
Flurries beginning this afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4715N 4735W
to 4745N 4615W to 5500N 5200W to 5545N 5500W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5304W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4600W to 4715N 4200W to 4945N
4200W to 5130N 4630W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador Coast - Saglek and southIssued 04:00 AM NDT 25 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 25 March 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 990 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 995 mb located over the South Labrador
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 990 mb low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday quasi-stationary trough from 995 mb low
located over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM NDT 25 March 2017 A trough of low pressure will sweep across the Labrador Sea today.
Strong to gale force westerlies behind the trough will diminish.
Meanwhile, a low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will
begin to slowly move southwards. Behind this low gale to storm force
northwesterlies will develop over the North Labrador Coast this
afternoon and then spread southwards tonight through Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
the North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek. Gale warnings are in
effect for all remaining waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: