North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 25 April 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 to 45 knots backing to west 35 Wednesday morning.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4650N 5405W to 4615N 5335W
to 4620N 5245W to 4830N 5055W to 5200N 5025W to 5505N 5250W to 5800N
5700W then northeastward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4400N 5645W to 4030N 5200W to 4100N 4645W to 4745N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5021N 6239W to Anticosti Island near 4914N 6156W then from Anticosti
Island near 4910N 6225W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5914W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NDT 25 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 25 April 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 990 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday quasi-stationary low 992 mb located
north of the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:11 PM NDT 25 April 2017 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will move to lie
north of the marine district this evening and become nearly
stationary by Wednesday morning. Strong to gale force westerlies are
expected south of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast and Mid Labrador
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: