North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 30 April 2017
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 to 45 knots diminishing to northwest 25 late overnight and to variable 10 to 15 Monday afternoon.
Risk of severe freezing spray tonight. Risk of freezing spray Monday morning and afternoon.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5240W to 4735N 5135W
to 5055N 4925W to 5230N 5000W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5630W to 4245N 5500W to 4215N 4900W to 4600N
4415W to 5000N 4545W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6314W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5916W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NDT 30 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 30 April 2017 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today weakening low 990 mb located over central
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday trough located southeast of the Marine
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday approaching ridge located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM NDT 30 April 2017 A low pressure system over Central Labrador Sea will continue to
drift slowly southeastward and weaken tonight. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies can be expected to the east of the low and gale to
storm force northwesterlies to its west.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in
effect for all remaining waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea - western half,
Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: