North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 08 July 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to variable 15 this morning then increasing to east 15 to 20 Thursday morning.
Rain and fog patches.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 07 July 2015
Tonight and Wednesday Seas 3 to 4 metres subsiding to 2 to 3 Wednesday morning.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 08 July 2015
Friday Wind southeast 15 knots.
Saturday Wind southeast 15 knots.
Sunday Wind south 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 7 July 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday A few strips of old ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 7 July 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador 5705N 6125W to 5710N 5850W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
A few strips of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 7 July 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5404W to 4600N 5400W to 4130N 5000W to 4130N 4830W to 4645N
4330W to 4900N 4315W to 5530N 4730W to 6000N 5700W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4946N 5752W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
Gale warning ended
North Labrador Coast - north of SaglekIssued 04:00 AM NDT 08 July 2015
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 8 July 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located east of the Marine District.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating ridge located east of the
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over eastern Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday low 995 mb located over the Mid Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM NDT 8 July 2015 A trough over Eastern Quebec will develop into a low pressure system
as it reaches Lake Melville tonight and will then slowly drift over
the South Labrador Coast on Wednesday. Strong to gale force east to
southeasterlies ahead of this feature will persist through the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: