North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 24 March 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to variable 15 to 20 this evening then increasing to west 35 near midnight. Wind diminishing to west 15 Saturday morning then increasing to northwest 45 to 55 Saturday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4715N 4735W
to 4745N 4615W to 5500N 5200W to 5545N 5500W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5304W to 4515N 4800W to 4515N 4600W to 4715N 4200W to 4945N
4200W to 5130N 4630W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador Coast - north of SaglekIssued 4:00 PM NDT 24 March 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 24 March 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing low 974 mb located southeast
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 988 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 992 mb located over the Northwest
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough from 988 mb low located over Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough from 992 mb low located over the
East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday departing ridge located east of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM NDT 24 March 2017 Strong to gale force northwesterlies over the East Labrador Sea
associated with a departing low pressure system south of Greenland
will diminish by this evening.
A trough of low pressure will sweep across the Labrador Sea tonight
ahead of another low pressure system approaching from Northern
Quebec. Strong to gale force westerlies are expected with the passage
of the trough. Gale to storm force northwesterlies will develop over
the North Labrador Coast late this evening behind the low as it
tracks into the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
the North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek. Gale warnings are in
effect for all remaining waters except Lake Melville, South Labrador
Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south, and the Northwest
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: