North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 AM NST 04 March 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this morning then becoming variable 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 20 near noon Thursday and to northwest 30 Thursday evening.
A few flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water moderate freezing spray ending this morning. Moderate freezing spray beginning near noon Thursday becoming severe Thursday evening.
Temperatures minus 25 to minus 18.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4710N 5250W to 4735N 4700W
to 5110N 4805W to 5505N 5215W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5715W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of grey-white ice including 2 tenths of first-year ice
except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice in eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 3 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5308W to 4645N 4615W to 5000N 4600W to 5200N 4645W to 6000N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 04 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 4 March 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 952 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today departing low 957 mb located southeast
At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the South Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST today dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
At 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
central Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NST 4 March 2015 An intense low pressure system east of the Labrador Sea will continue
to track northeastward to lie southeast of Greenland by this
afternoon. Additionally, a trough of low pressure over the South
Labrador will dissipate later this morning. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over most waters will ease today and tonight behind
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: