North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 22 May 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this afternoon and to variable 10 to 15 this evening. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 overnight.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this morning.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero rising to plus 2 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4915N 5325W to 5155N 5220W to
5210N 5340W to 5305N 5210W to 5430N 5230W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
northeastern and the southwestern sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4653N 5555W to 4515N 5445W to 4145N 5145W to 4145N 4915W to 4600N
3715W to 4730N 3715W to 5300N 4445W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 May estimated from Quebec near
5019N 6015W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador Coast - north of SaglekIssued 04:00 AM NDT 22 May 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 22 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 983 mb located over central Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 997 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM NDT 22 May 2015 A low pressure system over the Central Labrador Sea will track slowly
northeastward today, exiting the East Labrador Sea tonight. Strong
easterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek,
and East Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the North Labrador Coast and the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: