North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 13 February 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind variable 15 to 20 knots except northeast 30 over northern sections tonight. Wind becoming southeast 20 Sunday morning then diminishing to light Sunday afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Snow ending Sunday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10 falling to minus 24 to minus 16 Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 1:55 PM EST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4805N 4950W
to 5325N 5040W to 5520N 5240W to 5630N 5545W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 13 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5259W to 4400N 4915W to 4400N 4745W to 4700N 4500W to 4745N
4515W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastward.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5036N 5931W to Newfoundland near 4943N 5753W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 13 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 13 February 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 995 mb located near the North
By 9:30 p.m. NST Sunday dissipating trough located over northern
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 986 mb located over southeastern
By 9:30 p.m. NST Sunday low 960 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough from 995 mb low located on a line
east-west over Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Sunday dissipating trough located from Ungava
Bay to Davis Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NST 13 February 2016 A low pressure system located near the North Labrador Coast will
slowly drift westward through the forecast period. A trough
Of low pressure currently extending eastward from this low will shift
northwestward to lie northwest of the Labrador Sea by Sunday morning.
Strong to gale force easterlies to northeasterlies north of the low
and trough will diminish by Sunday morning as it moves off.
In addition, a second low pressure system will pass southeast of the
East Labrador Sea late in the day on Sunday. Strong to gale force
northerlies will develop late on Sunday over the East Labrador Sea
north of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: