Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 31 May 2016
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 35 Wednesday evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5330N 5600W to 5400N 5300W to
5510N 5300W to 5610N 5700W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
8 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure on the coast developing this evening easing Wednesday
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4656N 5402W to 4215N 5000W to 4215N 4800W to 4315N 4430W to 4545N
3700W to 4730N 3700W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 May estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6025W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5808W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NDT 31 May 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and southIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2016
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 31 May 2016 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 1000 mb located near the Strait of
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 1004 mb located over
eastern Funk Island Bank.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NDT 31 May 2016 A low pressure system will continue to move away to the southeast
tonight and Wednesday. A trough extending from the low through the
East Labrador Sea will slowly pivot eastward throughout the forecast
period. Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop over most
waters behind the trough late tonight and Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Labrador coast, South Labrador Sea - northwestern half and Northwest
Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: