Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 23 April 2017
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to south 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to west 30 Monday afternoon.
Periods of snow ending this afternoon. A few flurries beginning Monday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray this evening. Risk of freezing spray Monday evening.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero falling to minus 8 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 April 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4700N 5410W to 4640N 5505W
to 4555N 5505W to 4620N 5210W to 5220N 5025W to 5505N 5250W to 5700N
5700W to 5800N 5700W then northeastward. Sea ice north and west of
the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4430N 5645W to 4100N 5130W to 4100N 4645W to 4800N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Apr estimated from Newfoundland
near 4736N 5909W to Anticosti Island near 5022N 6323W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 23 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today intensifying low 1004 mb located over Belle
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Monday departing low 992 mb located over the
northern Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday approaching trough located over eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 AM NDT 23 April 2017 A low pressure system will approach the Labrador Sea from the south
today. Winds will increase to gale force southeasterlies over extreme
eastern waters today as the low nears.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea. Marine interests are also advised that a freezing
spray warning is in effect for South Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: