Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 09:30 AM NST 27 February 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 to 45 knots diminishing to west 25 near noon then increasing to west 30 Tuesday morning.
Flurries beginning Tuesday morning and ending Tuesday evening.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures near minus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 February 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5235W to 4725N 5100W
to 4830N 4900W to 5045N 4830W to 5515N 5200W to 5630N 5615W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year
ice including a trace of old ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4645N 5301W to 4600N 4730W to 4600N 4600W to 4700N 4545W to 5030N
4600W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5101N 5857W to Newfoundland near 5010N 5734W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - north of HopedaleIssued 09:30 AM NST 27 February 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 27 February 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary low 959 mb located north
of Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today departing trough located east of the East
By 9:30 a.m. NST Tuesday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 AM NST 27 February 2017 A low pressure system will remain quasi-stationary north of the
Labrador Sea and gradually weaken today and tonight. A trough from
the low extending southeastward over the East Labrador Sea will move
east of the district by this afternoon. Gale to storm force
southeasterlies ahead of the trough will shift to gale to storm force
westerlies in its wake. Winds will gradually diminish today and
tonight as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek, Northwest Labrador Sea, and
East Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: