Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 27 November 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 25 knots and locally gusts to 35 along the coast tonight. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 Saturday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 2 falling to minus 12 to minus 7 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 November 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5345N 5700W to Labrador
near 5430N 5725W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5505N 5920W to 5600N
6035W to 5750N 6140W to Labrador near 6015N 6420W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths of new ice in several inlets.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 November 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5230N 5545W to 5230N 5430W to 5500N 5400W to 6000N 6000W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 27 November 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 27 November 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Saturday trough located southeast of Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight building ridge located on a line east-west
By 9:30 p.m. NST Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing low 975 mb located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM NST 27 November 2015 A trough of low pressure over the East Labrador Sea will slowly slide
southeastward tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies south of the
trough will gradually diminish this evening. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies will persist over northern and eastern waters tonight
and Saturday behind the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea and
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except Lake Melville.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: