Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 06 March 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 late overnight and to light Saturday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending overnight.
Temperatures near minus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4650N 5250W to 4715N 4600W
to 5205N 4820W to 5645N 5600W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 6 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5307W to 4700N 4615W to 5000N 4530W to 5100N 4515W to 5200N
4630W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 06 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 6 March 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located east of Belle
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Saturday dissipating ridge located over Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM NST 6 March 2015 A trough of low pressure east of the Belle Isle Bank will continue to
move away from the marine district tonight. Gale force
northwesterlies over most waters will diminish tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and the Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: