Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 29 April 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 45 knots diminishing to northwest 35 late overnight and to northwest 25 near noon Saturday. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Saturday evening.
Snow or rain changing to a few flurries late overnight and ending near noon Saturday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1 falling to minus 5 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4840N 5300W to 4920N 5140W to
5140N 4950W to 5520N 5215W to 5605N 5520W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure today continuing Saturday.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4345N 4945W to 4345N 4745W to 4515N 4200W to 4630N
4045W to 4845N 4200W to 5000N 4300W to 5300N 4730W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NDT 29 April 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 April 2016
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 29 April 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 980 mb located over northwestern
Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 991 mb located east of Belle Isle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:38 PM NDT 29 April 2016 A low pressure system entering the Belle Isle Bank will move
southeastward away from the district tonight. Strong to gale force
northeast to northwesterlies will gradually diminish as the low moves
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: